R & Y Augousti

r%26y380.jpg

White Karung clutch $380

r%26ypurple.jpg

Purple Ostrich leg wallet/clutch by R & Y Augousti, $204 at Barneys.com

My friend Terry (who just had twins, congratulations Tei Tei! Love you!) has been obsessing over R & Y Augousti furnishings for years, when she saw their new line of clutches and wallets last summer, she totally flipped and started harassing me about doing a story on them. The husband and wife team met at a London design firm after graduating from design school and have worked and lived together for almost 20 years. (Ria is Filipina like Terry and Yiouri is Greek, click here to read interview with them) Their line of furniture and home accessories have graced the rooms of the fashionable set since it launched in 1990 and now they plan to decorate the arms of their clients as well. I love the line of exotic clutches and wallets made mostly of python and ostrich, the pieces are classics with contemporary sensibilities. Price points are also very reasonable; most clutches are under $350 and are sold at Barneys New York. Call 469.221.4725 or drop by Barneys to see for yourself! While you’re there, you should check out their home accessories too, I like the trays and picture frames, they’re small chic pieces you can add to any decor.

r%26yaugousti2.jpgr%26yaugousti3.jpg

Above pictures courtesy of R&Y Augousti

18 thoughts on “R & Y Augousti

1. paul thomas on said:

dear bag snob,

i’m in the process of starting a new fashion label (licci – new york / handbag & shoe design / sophisticated glamour). i’m looking for feedback, ideas, collaborators to get things started. can you help out?

thanks, paul

p.s. your email address did not work, i apologize abusing the ‘post comment’ option

2. There was an article about their clutches in the March issue of Vogue. I thought they were gorgeous and couldn’t believe the price.

3. yes, i too read about them recently on vogue. nice prices!

4. I can’t believe the price! Especially considering that these beautiful elegant clutches and bags have ten times the style of most of the stuff marcy marc churns out… these are actually really gorgeous. I love both of the clutches and bags, can’t even decide which I like more.

5. Boston Momma on said:

i read it on vogue last month…they are so inexpensive considering they are made of exotic skins…i’m definitely buying one. kudos to Ria, a fellow Filipina. Mabuhay!

6. I bought a great mint python clutch from them at Henri Bendel. Love this brand.

7. bagbridg on said:

I am in love with the purple ostrich wallet. It looks like a clutch and big enough to use as one. How divine.

I think Yiouri is Cypriot.

9. Catherine on said:

Those bags in your article are the cutest things I have seen in ages!

I’m so thankful you are here to introduce us to these wonderful items- thank you so much.

10. Love the two bottom bags, but I would never buy because it is made out of the skin of a dead animal carcass, killed (sorry murdered) specifically so rich people can put lipstick inside of it. What is meant to go inside are bones and organs, of a living animal. I wish people could produce beautiful bags without having to slaughter innocent animals. Please help this by not buying these bags.

11. Hi all!!

For a long time i tryed to find a best place where to [url=http://xanax-blog.awardspace.com/buy-xanax.html]buy xanax[/url]. I’ve found and want to share link.

But use these drugs very carefully :)

Tschus!!!

12. I am expirienced diving instructor, but i never thougt that [url=http://watertrampoline.blogginnetwork.com/water-trampoline.html]water trampoline[/url] is very cool toy!

Try out!

13. Danah Nassief on said:

Hi,

I’m thinking of buying the Purple Ostrich leg wallet/clutch by R & Y Augousti. But can someone please tell me what it looks like inside. how many slots, credit card slots.. etc.

Thanks!

14. Hi all!

How you buying [url=http://www.iwannaforum.com/vacuumbags/]vacuum cleaner bag[/url]s?

Cheers :)

15. Are you going to the party?

Brown jordan outdoor furniture and aluminum outdoor furniture will be very useful.

Cheers ;-)

16. yasmeen on said:

I love their wallets and bags. I purchased a green snakeskin wallet from Barneys about a year ago. I get so many comments about it. Great quality, sturdy and brillant design. I want the purple clutch next.

17. I was a fan before of AUGOUSTI products, they looked gorgeous and very unique. But when I learned about their strike because of unpaid salaries and wages, unfair labor practice, strong political rivalry within the company, managers are undergraduates and incompetent the company suffers huge debts from suppliers, banks and private individuals. As a result, the factory was confiscated by METROBANK COMPANY due to non payment of loans. Workers were not been paid fairly and Augousti has been promising to pay and issued a check for guarantee that Augousti will pay laborers. Sad to say, cheques bounced back due to insufficient funds. This is not new to Yiouri as he usually do this to suppliers both local and foreign. Remittances to government has not been settled even after he promised. Yiouri is a great pretender but a LIAR and USER.

18. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks! archeage gold