Beauty Snob’s Pregnant Belly Routine

blackthornoil.jpg

I’ve become a master at keeping bellies smooth. Thanks to tips gathered from friends around the world, I’ve developed a routine that kept my belly stretch mark free even though I gained 45 pounds with my son (which is almost 50% of my body weight as I weigh 96 pounds!). So here it is, I have shared this with dozens of friends and they all swear by it (even the ones who are genetically pre-disposed to stretch marks). It’s highly coveted amongst my friends and family because no one is as obsessive or insane as I when it comes to skincare so they rely on me to do all the experimenting :)

Morning:

1. Mustela Stretch Marks Intensive Action $37- rub this on your belly BEFORE any other oils or lotions.

2. Mustela Specific Support Bust- did you know breasts get stretch marks too? Apply this twice twice a day to keep saggy away (or ask your hubby to do the honors, trust me, he won’t complain!)

3. Dr. Hauschka Blackthorn Oil $26.95- THIS IS AWESOME. All the bikini models I know in Hollywood swear by this. Rub all over belly, hips, and thighs. (You can also buy this at Wholefoods)

Night:

1-3. Repeat morning routine and add the following:

4. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter with vitamin E $4.99- this is only 5 bucks so buy it by the truckload! I’d lay in bed every night and massage this on my belly as I watched tv (again, hubbies are eager volunteers for this duty!)

The above steps are MANDATORY! Do not skip one single step! I know it sounds like a lot of work and it IS! But it beats laser surgery later on. I was a greasy mess the entire pregnancy but you should see my belly now :)

Optional:

For tired legs – Mustela Instant ComFort Legs 4.2 oz

All over body lotion (you can use the blackthorn oil or cocoa butter but this is less greasy) – Mustela Ultimate Hydration 6.7 oz

So I’m totally senile and it was Terry who got stretch marks and not Kelly, clarifying it cuz she’s now all bent out of shape and sending me photos of her belly to prove it. Sorry Kel!

9 thoughts on “Beauty Snob’s Pregnant Belly Routine

1. shelly on said:

Thanks. I’ve been waiting for you to post about this. I have been using the Blackthorn Body Oil as you have suggested. I must add the Mustela products in my routine as well.

2. Do you have a routine for removing stretch marks on the skin? I’m a teen and I grew too fast so now I have stretch marks on my shoulders, back, and stomach too. :(

3. suzana on said:

I used Mama Mio for my last pregnancy, and am pregnant again within an 18 month period. My stomach got bigger more quickly this time around. I am due at the end of this month. I used Mama Mio oil every day and night this time around also. I did not get stretch marks either time! I am a strong believer in this because when I was going through adolescence I got a few stretch marks on my behind that will never go away : ( . So I know that I am stretch mark prone.

4. Beauty Snob Kelly on said:

I don’t have stretch marks. My belly is not something Sports Illustrated would be interested in but it is nice and smooth =)

5. Jamie on said:

Hi what if you already developed stretch marks? would they help?

6. johanna Thomas on said:

I have a son and I have No stretch marks at all!! Thanks to Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion, Every morning and night, Also genetics plays a BIG part if your mom has them you probably will too dont be fooled by these companies False claims

7. shuzluva on said:

I used mustela only with my twins and don’t have a single stretch mark. You should have seen my gigantic smooth belly! However, I do believe it’s genetic. Neither my mother nor my aunt ever developed stretch marks from their pregnancies.

8. Thank you for that great info!

What can you say about Lierac stretch mark cream? I heard very good rewievs about it and i was thinkin’ about using it, now i’m a bit confused…

9. I would love to say that the belly balm will prevent stretch marks, but no one can claim that. Stretch marks are caused by heredity. If your mother or grandmothers got them, you have a chance of getting them. However, if you moisturize frequently and with a good long lasting moisturizer you have a better shot at avoiding them, or at the very least, minimizing the magnitude of them.

So that said, have you tried the Mama Bomb belly bomb? It is UBER moisturizing and created for the mother “who’s still the bomb”. BTW, we are coming out with a maternity line soon….shhh.