I love adding glitter to my evening eye looks. You may be thinking that it’s not possible to wear glitter after the age of 15, but I beg to differ! If you add a small amount of glitter, and keep the rest of your face neutral, it doesn’t look tacky! I promise! I find loose glitter to be a huge mess, and it always ends up everywhere—all over my clothes and under my contacts! But when I found Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eye Gel, I was immediately addicted! They come in squeezable tubes, and are very easy to use. You can apply the gel to directly to your lid with your finger, but I’ve had better results using brushes. I use a small taklon concealer brush to pat the gel on my lid and an angled liner brush to line. Urban Decay also makes Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Liner, which is also easy to use. Both come in an array of gorgeous colors! I have gels in Rockstar (purple/silver), Bootleg (blue/silver), and Backstage (gunmetal/gold). See detailed instructions and pictures after the jump! Sephora $18
Here are a few of my favorite glittery eye looks and how to achieve them! You can recreate these looks with any brand of shadow.
- Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Glimmer Nude Beachapplied from the lashline to brow with a tapered shadow brush.
- Bare Escentuals Peacock glimpse applied dry on the lid and into the crease, and then foiled (mixed with water to form a paste) with a tapered shadow brush.
- Bare Escentuals Peacock glimpse lined under the eye with a liner brush.
- Urban Decay Backstage eye gel thickly lined on the upper lash line with an angled liner brush.
- Three coats of CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara, Very Black 800.
- Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Glimpse Hyacinthapplied from the lashline to brow with a tapered shadow brush.
- Bare Escentuals 1990 glimmer lined on both the upper and lower lash lines.
- Urban Decay Rockstar gel applied to the entire lid with small taklon concealer brush.
- L’Oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in black applied to my lower waterline.
- Three coats of Dior Diorshow Mascara Black 090.