The Year of the Python

anyahector2645.jpg

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!! I know it’s the Year of the Ox but in fashion, it’s definitely the Year of the Python! I have never seen more variety of (costly) python bags in one season; it’s as if the recession isn’t really happening. From YSL, Tod’s, Ferragmo, Bally, Oscar, Michael Kors to Kotur and many many others– it’s all about the scales baby!  Man snobs will be excited to join in on the trend with Mark Nason‘s python messenger ($1,800). Even ready to wear and shoes are getting into the action.  Prices range greatly depending on the brand but we’ve got the best of the scaly bunch (jump for more!).  Tell me, what do you think of python?

ferragamopythonchain.jpgdereklam2590.jpg

Michael Kors Templeton Zip $3200

bottegapython09.jpg

Bottega Veneta Python $5380

marknason1800.jpg
kotur1880.jpg

28 thoughts on “The Year of the Python

1. I love the look but don’t like the feel of it…I would love to see zagliani’s python in person. Tina do you have trouble with the durability? I’ve heard of scales curling up over time, it just seems like there’s no way to prevent that from what python bags that I have seen. Wear and tear on what looks like delicate exotic skin? What are your thoughts? And I love your Tod’s python bag that you have! gorgeous!!

2. Cherie L. on said:

Kotur wallace = fierce! let’s face it, python will not be a throw-around bag. this is not cowhide or goatskin. treat the bag with a little love and care. they need to be babies. in the bag collection, the snake skins are the quarterbacks — do the least but look the best.

3. I love the shapes of the bags, but cannot get into python.

4. Love python!

5. Thank you Cherie. that made me chuckle…they are stunners and look good in the process, just won’t make it my “throw around bag” :)

6. Oh my, how lovely! I adore exotic skin and python is still affordable in some cases. The anya tote is the bestest!

7. OMG….the python muse is to die for!

8. I like it but only if it’s all in one colour like Anya’s bag and not a rainbow like this Fendi:

9. Bag Snob Kelly on said:

I am getting that Anya Hector in the python!! It was mine as soon as I saw it during Spring Preview.

Bag Snob Kelly

10. Python is so in! I ordered the Adriana Castro Python Hobo in Magenta. Tina, thank you, thank you! Now I want to order a python evening clutch. Any suggestions?

I am so excited about the Designers Live! Who will you be featuring? We want to see fresh faces please. Change is also in :)

Is it bag buying time? LOL

I love the Hector, too. We share? Or get our own? Let’s ask Anya…

12. The Hector is on my list too….Tina, was at Whole Foods this AM and standing next to this lady at the sushi area. I spotted her bag–HELLO!!! a Birkin, not any Birkin a croc Birkin in a deep dark green I have never seen b4, I was mesmerized by it’s beauty!!! luckly she stood there for a few min. otherwise I would’ve been following her around the market!!! The color was sublime!!

PS..Where is my Sacca photo? =)

xoxo

13. I’m in love with the white Miu Miu with gold buckles. And I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for anything python.

Ice storm on its way, can’t get to Barneys probably til Thursday :)

got the package today, am going to open right now!

xoxo

15. Already? WOW, That was quick!! OK, no worries, whenever you can is fine. should I call Pam and have her email me the pic?

xoxo

16. shanghai_dude on said:

Wow, the forum is super active this hour. I LOVE LOVE da Ferragamo python chain bag!! It shouts sophistication and at 2k its definitely a worthy buy in this eco climate. Thanks for sharing Tina. Will ya plz bring up more Ferro in da future?

X

17. shanghai_dude on said:

When was last time Fendi made a decent bag? I cannot remember. it must be a few years now.

18. shanghai_dude on said:

aww..I hear media discount.

19. Dear Tina/Kelly,

This is completely off topic but I didn’t know whether you guys checked older posts. I wanted to know if the YSL Majorelle is being discontinued and whether the YSL Besace would be produced again. Thanks a lot ladies. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

Hi Angela

I have sent your questions off to YSL, will let you know asap!

Thanks for the love!

xoxo

21. Hi Tina

I STILL HAVEN’T HAD THE FORM…DID YOU SEND IT TO ME?

ALSO I HAVE AN ANYA QUESTION….I THINK YOU AND KELLY BOTH PURCHASED THE CHARLIE, I KEEP LOOKING AT IT FOR MY MUM AS A WORK BAG TO CARRY HER FILES BACK AND FORTH…HAS IT WORN WELL…DID YOU BOTH USE IT FOR YOUR LAPTOPS ETC?

ALSO I LIKE FOR MYSELF THE ZIGGY…SHOULD I GET IT OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR S/S…I DO LOVE THE BROWN AND BLACK BUT NOT SURE IF THE PYTHON SKIN LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD PEEL?

l.XO

Hi Lottie, i’m sorry, what form? Please remind me as I am very senile these days

xoxo

23. So I could send a bag or possibly some bags for your charity Help for heros..I think?x

Hi Lauren,

Sorry for the late reply! Python has to be treated delicately, one of my bags has a dark water stain because my son’s sippy cup spilled in it!

I’m going to take it to the leather place,,, fingers crossed.

But if you go with a good brand, curling will not happen. They treat the skin now to make it flat. xo

25. Thanks a bunch Tina!!! :)

26. I am all for it. I’ve set my eyes on a gorgeous Bottega Veneta cream coloured shoulder bag and I won’t buy anything else till I get it…

27. YES YES YES YES!!!!! Think of when Harry met Sally in the diner! THESE ARE FANTASTIC WORKS OF ART. I AM DIGGIN’ ON THESE SO HARD MY BLOOD PRESSURE JUST WENT UP!

28. Jessica Phan on said:

Hi Bag Snobs,

I just got a Michael Kors Python bag and they said it’s hand painted with gold. I bought it at the Palazzo Las Vegas shop and it’s BEAUTIFUL. I love it!!! However, I don’t know how to care of it. It seems really delicate as the scales are not covered in any glaze. It looks very natural and I’m actually scared to use the bag. I carried it around for the weekend in Vegas but the scales/skin started curling up. The sales person told me they have only made 8 of these bags for Las Vegas.

Can you help advise me? I can send u a picture of the bag too if you like.