COR Silver Soap: Beyond Clean

corsoap.jpgI wrote about COR silver soap last year and dismissed it as another gimmicky product after a few tries. Its use of nano silver was highly touted in the media but I’d yet to meet anyone who’d actually used it and saw miraculous results until this week. I had lunch with my friend Chloe who brought sample size COR soaps ($14) for everyone at the table– she excitedly described how it changed her skin. Apparently she had problematic skin that no dermatologist or $500 jar of cream could cure. She tried COR soap on a lark and saw results almost immediately. Her skin cleared and it has continually improved with use.

I tried it myself this past week and am now hooked!  First, it removes make up COMPLETELY– I generally have to foam up with my various cleansers several times but still will have left over traces of make up that requires wiping off with a toner soaked cotton pad. I think it’s been very harsh on the skin around my eye area as most of these cleansers have fragrance/acid/chemicals of one form or another. COR soap is a hassle free one step solution that really results in soft, youthful and clear skin!  Silver is fast emerging as an anti-bacterial agent. Silver also blocks the bacteria’s ability to transfer oxygen through its cell walls to prevent collagen damage and loss.

The line also has an eye cream that I plan on trying out next week– will keep you posted but meanwhile, get yourself a bar of this miracle soap asap! I promise you it will be the best cleanser you have ever tried!  If you can’t shell out $125 for the soap, try the sample size at $14. I heard they are also coming out with a recession friendly $45 soap version. Will let you know when that launches!  Get COR soap here.

17 thoughts on “COR Silver Soap: Beyond Clean

1. What do you mean when you say your friends skin cleared immediatel? What kind of skin issues did she have? I’m only asking to see if this might help me with my own issues? Thanks!!

2. Bonnie on said:

Tina, does this also get rid of stubborn mascara?

3. Thank you for this review! I am a little skeptical to use metal (silver) on my face, but with guarantees to ensure me one wash I just might! I am especially interested in the fact that the silver works as antibacterial treatment, since those are very effective against impure and acne-prone skins.

4. Beauty Snob Tina on said:

Hi L.a

She said within a week she was rid of her eczema, blemishes and adult acne problems!

5. Beauty Snob Tina on said:

Unfortunately not waterproof mascara. You’ll have to use an eye make up remover for that. But for foundation, it removes every trace!

6. Glad it worked for you. Didn’t have as much luck when I purchased the soap last year.

I saw this on Oprah before and this guy turned blue because of improper exposure to silver chemical.

8. just curious, but you wrote about this already: http://www.beautysnob.com/2007/07/cor_silver_soap.html

you said you thought it was gimicky, did you not have as good of results before?

9. Buyer Beware:

There is a condition called Argyria that is caused by prolonged exposure to silver, including topically applied products like this one. Argyria causes the skin to PERMANENTLY turn grey or blue- people with this condition literally look like cadavers.

I would assume that COR has done extensive research before using silver in it’s formulation, but I would still do a bit of research before using it myself.

10. Bonnie on said:

Whoa, I just googled some pics of people with Argyria and now I am completely freaked out that my skin will turn blue. So much for giving the soap a try!

11. Beauty Snob Tina on said:

hi kamo

Yup I tried it over a year ago and loved it at first but then did not stick with it for the reasons stated above. Plus i had the same concerns about silver as some of you and didn’t know anyone who used it long term. But when Chloe showed up at lunch with clear glowing skin swearing up and down it is all due to this soap, I decided to give it another try. this is a new formulation and feels better on the skin. I look forward to washing my face each day!

My plan is to document the next 30 days and do another write up about it.

Will let you know if my skin turns blue LOL

12. thanks for clearing that up!

13. Do you find it’s drying? I like to cleanse with water, but tend towards creamy cleansers, because I find soaps very drying and stripping. I remain *totally* unconvinced that any soap can be worth $125!

14. The guy who turned blue used to DRINK silver, by extracting it out of metal and converting to silver ions. so there is really no comparison here.

15. Silver like Gold is one of the most inert elements on earth. In the subcontinent, ppl decorate sweets with thin shavings of silver and consume that and trust me none of us are blue. And as I said in my previous post, silver IONS or Silver compounds cause Argyria and not the element Silver

16. I am completely unimpressed with this soap, after a months use, i started getting these dark and painful sopts, that only seemed to get worse the longer i used the soap. I know have to use antibioitcs to clear up the mess that this soap has caused. My doctor has told me the spots are due to a severe reaction to something. THe only new thing iv have used is this soap. Iv recently stoped using the soap and only now have the spots calmed down. I am extremly upset and cant believe that i paid that amount of money to ruin my face.

17. These are all things that the body needs it is supposed to enter our body through nutritious fruits and vegetables. The truth is, however, that life can get out of hand and may be difficult to try to maintain the health and appearance of our skin in mind when looking for something quick – we take what we can get.