As you pare down your wardrobe in preparation for warmer weather, don’t forget to give your makeup bag a similar overhaul. Follow these do’s and don’ts from Prescriptives Director of Color Artistry Jillian Veran for smudge-proof, sweat-resistant looks to get you through the long, sweltering days.
· DO stay protected and hydrated. Apply All Weather Friend Daily UVA/UVB Skin Protection SPF 40 every day over a lightweight moisturizer like All You Need+ SPF 15 Continuous Action 24-Hour Moisture for healthy and luminous skin that lasts.
· DON’T use makeup to create a tan. Instead, apply Good In Bed Skin Restoring Night Moisturizer nightly to face, neck and décolleté. The luscious formula contains a hint of self tanner so skin “wakes-up” with enhanced, natural looking color.
· DO find products that hold up in the humidity. Summer proofing your
makeup is simple with All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 since it is
suitable for all skin types, is sweat, humidity and water resistant and
· DON’T be afraid to use less. Too much makeup can
cause skin to become oily. Skip foundation and use Site Unseen
Brightening Concealer SPF 15. The long-wearing product covers
imperfections, and the water-resistant formula won’t smudge or cake!
DO reconsider textures and shades. Summer is about vibrant, bold eyes,
a pop of color on the cheek, and sheer glossy lips. Try one of the NEW
U-Pick Exhilarating Eye Colors, which come in silky shades like
Lemondrop and Teal, paired with Calyx Exhilarating Lip Gloss in Mango,
Guava or Pink Grapefruit.
· DON’T use makeup that requires constant
touch-ups. Longwearing products are essential for summer. Line eyes
with long-wear Deluxe Eye Pencil for creamy, pure pigment. Then, apply
Here to Stay 24-Hour Longwear Mascara alone for waterproof lashes, or
as a water-resistant overcoat on top of your favorite