Chloe struggles to find its cool

chloesuedechainbag.jpgI was really rooting for Hannah MacGibbon to rock Chloe‘s world back to Pheobe Philo’s glory days but what I’m seeing lately is making me cringe! What is this thing?  Suede, studs and way too many chains going on.  It looks like macrame craft project gone bad.

Delivery for this bag is not until September, so perhaps there is time to salvage this.  Let’s start with removing the studs (and this is from a stud addict)– it makes no sense whatsoever to have the two rows of studs there alongside all of that chain detail unless it’s removable and converts to a belt in which case it makes perfect sense (not).  The chains framing the studs need to go, too.  That leaves the actual chain that holds up the bag and the chain down the center.  Now you have a chic bag with chains.  But I have no idea when suede and chains became so expensive, the bag is 2,662 euro/$3,685USD!  What do you think?  Snob or slob?

CHLOE for women from LUISAVIAROMA

21 thoughts on “Chloe struggles to find its cool

1. Linda Chou on said:

Eeeew, I agree! Makes my skin crawl a bit!

2. Jessica S on said:

Lol. Love this post and bagsnob. Slob for sure.

3. Revolting.

4. Hideous, Slob!

and so expensive, what were they thinking?

5. sol sol on said:

Slob, hideous in all ways

6. It’s kinda Monet. Looked intriguing at first glance but the close up on the LUISAVIAROMA site made me cringe too. Slob.

7. Puss of Scandinavia on said:

Slob!

8. Definitely too much going on here! I totally agree, why would they pair studs and chain on such a small bag? Chloe is an amazing brand and normally I swoon for their bags, so I am very confused by this one. The price is also incredibly steep!

Caroline

9. Aimee(redneck reader, ecclectic purse snob) on said:

I COULD SEE THIS AS A FASHION MADONNA MAY HAVE HAD IN THE 80′S. I TRY TO SEE SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY PURSE I CRITIC,THOUGH EVEN IF IT WAS LESS EXPENSIVE AND WAS THE 80′S ERA,I WOULD SEE IT A FAD THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SOLD AT STRAWBERRY FIELDS, BODY SHOP,OR MAYBE IN THE LOCAL 5 AND DIME. A STATEMENT FOR THE DESIGNER,PERHAPS? AIMEE ROBINSON

10. Kaiulani on said:

What a mess.

11. although if it only cost $10, i will never ever buy it…

12. Too busy and not user friendly.

13. I agree with you…way too much going on…definitely SLOB

14. WTF!? Slob! this is awful and way over priced.

15. Definitely slob

16. LOVE LOOOVE this bags. Susy

17. Truly not an attrctive look…..and FAR from being “cool”.

18. divnanata on said:

It is just too much in so many ways. Slob fer sure..

19. yucky!!!!!!!!!!!