How much for your old Gucci? Let Christie’s tell you!

guccichristies.jpg

Gucci & Christie’s Offer First-Ever Vintage Products Appraisal Service

Vintage bag lovers, rejoice! Gucci has partnered with Christie’s auction house on a new, and first-ever, partnership to appraise its vintage products. “Gucci Collector: Presented by Christie’s” is the first-ever Gucci-certified online destination for such a service, fusing the heritage of Gucci with the expertise of one of the world’s premier auction houses.

This service, designed for collectors who want to learn more about the provenance and worth of their products, will, according to the company, provide a “trusted” venue for transactions of vintage Gucci items thereby “avoiding recourse to ‘uncontrolled’ auction sites such as eBay.”

The free service started on January 18 and is offered on the Christie’s Web site–accessible both via gucci.com and christies.com. The customized page allows users to upload photos of their vintage items and to submit an appraisal request. Within a 2 to 4 week period, an auction estimate will be sent (prepared by Christie’s Director of Fashion and Textiles, Patricia Frost, in collaboration with the Gucci Archive Department), as will notice on whether the product would be appropriate for an upcoming Christie’s vintage sale.

In order for the appraisal to take place, collectors will be asked to provide: clear color images of the front and back, and a close-up of the signature or identifying logos, dimensions, medium and other details available, such as history of the item or any literature relating to the item.

What’s more, for the true Gucci aficionados, the Florentine fashion house is well underway with plans to unveil a Gucci museum in Florence, Italy in 2011 to coincide with its 90th anniversary.

23 thoughts on “How much for your old Gucci? Let Christie’s tell you!

1. very classic Gucci bag, you can find many C shape design

2. Charmaine Caldwell on said:

Hi Christie,I hope you can help me by asking how old is my Gucci bag is. I have a number on the back of the tag it is 10 numbers it is ( 001-115-0918 )i hope you can tell me,and how much it is worth.please help Thanks from Charmaine Caldwell

3. hi christie, i would like to know how old my gucci bag is and the value, the code is (37-01-3999)AND YKK on zipper!blue and white,

many thanks..

4. lisamarie ludwig on said:

hi christie, i would also like to know how much my old gucci is worth…in excellent condition with all the “markings” brown and tan with signature green and red stripe…code number is 39-02-006…thank you so much!

5. All white leather, foot wide, 1 inch thick, flat u shaped handle attached from one side to next say gucci imprinted above where attached, opens on side with silver latch

6. Kathy metcalf on said:

I have an older gucci purse wondering what it’s worth how should I sell it?

7. I would like 2 now the price on my gucci bag (code 1079 9330)

8. I have an older gucci purse wondering what it’s worth how should I sell it? The number is 001 46 1469.

9. Hello! I found some old Gucci bag, I think it’s pretty old, from grandma. I would like to know how mutch it’s worth, and from witch year it is. Serial number is 001-48-104 3. Thank you!

10. I have a vintage gucci bag I beleve to be from the 1960’s. The number on it is 901-02-015, I am curious to find out the worth, it is in excellent condition and when I carried it for a couple days it never fails to receive comments. If you could help it would be much appreciated! Thank you

11. How and where do I upload a pic of my vintage gucci bag to get a quote on value, I believe I might have something extremely rare and valuable! Thanks

12. Hi, I’d like to get a quote for my vintage Gucci handbag, serial number: 99-001-3602.

It is burgundy leather, with beige calfskin lining and double circular golden clasps. The handle looks like laminated wood that is hooked around metal eyes.

Thank you!

13. Michelle Bush on said:

I have a beige with brown trim Gucci Scarf Tote Bag with the numbers 153033 on the inside tag. It is approximately 3 years old, has never been used and has always been stored in its Gucci dust bag. How much should I sell it for?

14. Julia Lee on said:

PLEASE HELP!
    Is it possible for 2 or more vintage Gucci bags to have the same “serial number”?
    I found 3 bamboo top handle handbags from the early 1990s that have the same serial number. I read somewhere that they could since back then this number wasn’t unique to every bag.

Please answer, thank you so much!

15. i have a old gucci and was wondering how much its worth serial # is 007890014 in mint cond.

16. Please tell me how much a gucci purse I own is worth: serial # 002580069.
    thank you!

17. Kayla Nelson on said:

I have some old metal frame Gucci glasses , made in Italy GG 1777/Strass 6LBXY 51018 135, I was seeing if u could tell me how much they are worth or anything about them plz and thank you

18. Suzanne stavalone on said:

Hello I have purchased a very old (VERY VERY OLD) bag. It says made in Italy by gucci on the inside with a leather tag. It looks like it has all leather trim on it. It also has a small lock. It looks ancient. Inside is done with loose stitching. One of the zipper is off and only half on. It looks like a Gucci bag before Gucci was ever known. :) Help me please.

19. Hi, I found a very old Gucci Bag in my family’s very old apartment that I’m renovating. It’s a duffle size and, of course, all leather. The code is 012-1095-3691. Interested in finding out what to do with this. It has markings, but if cleaned will make a great bag.

20. Hi I would love to know some info on my bag and to see if it’s authentic or not There is a serial number on the back of the inside flap (001.090.1379)
    It’s a shoulder bag with only 1 strap it’s either dark navy blue or black in colour, has 1 button to close has a blue fabric lining inside, has to little side straps with button to loosen or tighten the bag and has 4 decorative gold buttons on the out side 2 each side, all hardware is stamped .
    Hope you can help me

21. Wow, ok. I was looking to help out a friend who was curious about the worth of a Gucci bag, when I came across this article. Just in case anyone else who doesn’t realize that it’s not *this* website that is giving estimates reads to the end of the comments, here’s where you can request an auction estimate from Christie’s.