We all have our beauty essentials that we can not live without. I have missed flights, abused Fed Ex International overnight delivery along with many other embarrassing actions– all in the pursuit of a good eye cream. We thought it would be fun for you to find out what keeps our favorite beauty editors glowing and wrinkle free. The first feature in our weekly installment is my personal favorite– Gwen Flamberg, Beauty Director of US Weekly magazine. Read on to find out her five beauty essentials!
Gwen’s Five Essentials:
1. SKII Facial Mask – I use one of these masks once a week — you “wear” it for 15 minutes or so, and when you take it off, I swear every little line is filled in and your skin has that clear, luminous look that babies have. Amazing!
SK-II Facial Treatment Mask for $90
2. La Mer The Eye Concentrate – A celebrity makeup artist told me to try this gel-cream to literally lift and tighten skin around my eyes and he was right. Bags begone with this baby!
La Mer The Eye Concentrate for $165
3. Cle de Peau Concealer – This creamy stick concealer can be used to hide undereye darkness, redness around the nose and any little blemish. It blends so well, I sometimes use it in place of foundation; it creates the illusion of flawless skin instantly. (Oh, and it’s the one product that consistently winds up in almost every celeb “what’s in her bag?” feature I produce!)
Clé de Peau Beauté Concealer for $70
4. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick – I’m obsessed with the ultra smooth texture and incredible staying power of this lipstick — and #13, Le Orange, is the perfect, to-die-for hot coral-red. Dying.
5. By Kilian Back to Black – For fragrance, Kilian Hennessey just kills it. I love Back to Black and also Rose Oud — both are to scent what Agent Provocateur used to be to lingerie — at once sexy, cool and so unique and special. They are also the perfect strength — just enough to be memorable but never overpower.