Tod’s Fall 2011 Bags: The Lady Goes Downtown

tods_fall_2011_bags_2.png

Tod’s is known for impeccable workmanship and quality leathers (hand stitched, suede driving loafers, anyone?), but I would never have called it cutting-edge or hip ten years ago. Enter American designer Derek Lam, named creative director in 2006, who single-handedly changed the landscape of the Italian luxury brand. He has merged Tod’s classic appeal with a needed youthful vibe. As we have already been observing, Fall 2011 is all about structured ladylike bags, and Tod’s versions get it just right. Color and lightheartedness are infused with the best skins available to offer pristine structure and intriguing combinations (wristlet clutch in canary yellow lizard and slate gray python is a winning combo in my book!). And the drool worthy camel crocodile shoulder bag, Lam’s take on what a luxury brand customer desires, is “witty, unpretentious, and stand for the heritage of a beautifully made product.” I would say that Derek Lam knows a thing or two of what bag snobs want, and Tod’s Fall 2011 bags are exactly it.

tods_fall_2011_bags_3.jpgtods_fall_2011_bags1.jpg

8 thoughts on “Tod’s Fall 2011 Bags: The Lady Goes Downtown

Drool-worthy. I would buy any of these in a heartbeat. Actually, Tod’s is the next brand of bag I am planning to buy – I love their traditional craftsmanship approach and impeccable attention to detail.

You can’t go wrong with a Tod’s bag :)

Share with us what you buy! xo

3. Isabella on said:

Really not my style, but if I had to choose one, I`d go with the first :)

4. love love love. but, what are the prices?

Hi wgs,

they are pricing them as we speak.. stay tuned.

6. Curious about dimensions? I don’t have to be convinced to buy Tod’s but these look so small.

I like the wristlets. I could definitely see one of those on my arm.

8. michelle on said:

I saw the wristlets at the Rodeo Drive store. They are just gorgeous. If you need a great SA, call Seta at (310) 285-0591.

Pursepro.com