Bottega Veneta Frayed Intrecciato Leather Bag: Wild at Heart

bottega_veneta_frayed_intrecciato_leather_bag.jpg

Bottega Veneta has really been letting loose lately. Literally! This ladylike bag from the pre-fall collection has been sliced and sheared all along the edges for a savagely deconstructed look. I’ll admit I was a little taken aback at first: who would have expected something so untamed? But then I realized that the blend of soft and sharp, tight and loose makes for a bag that’s kind of like you: refined and classy, with a wild streak. A major element of surprise.

A perfectly buttery leather body offsets the tattered edges even more and muted gunmetal hardware, rather than too-shiny gold or silver, emphasize the fact that the label is flaunting its dark side. Bottega traditionalists might be outraged to see the house has started to destroy their own impeccable weave, but I’m appreciating the fact that they are getting in touch with the feral nature of gorgeous skins. On Net-a-Porter for $2,280.

Emilio Pucci Glass Crystal Wing Earrings

Emilio Pucci Glass Crystal Wing Earrings

Pair with: Remind them you still maintain an angelic side with Emilio Pucci’s dangling angel-wing earrings. Gold-tone brass encrusted with glass crystals will also bring some metallic bling. On Net-a-Porter for $390.

8 thoughts on “Bottega Veneta Frayed Intrecciato Leather Bag: Wild at Heart

Love the wild side of BV

2. michelle on said:

I don’t like the fraying effect that BV is using.

I agree with michelle. There is something very “off” to me in BV’s frays or deconstructed look. They literally take their refined bags and add some frays to it in certain places – that doesn’t make it deconstructed. I adore BV, but this is not a look they do well.

4. Nice Information and really helpful. I have also subscribed the RSS of the website to get regular updates, Looking more information on the same!

5. weaslgrl on said:

It’s cool in concept, but having recently seen these bags in person I’m not a fan either. I’m afraid I’d look like someone who did not take good care of her extremely expensive bag.

6. The bags reminds me of barbed wire….or that it is falling apart…either way not for me.

7. ruthea fisch on said:

Bottega Veneta Frayed Intrecciato Leather Bag: Wild at Heart – cetainly the people at Bottega are experimenting just a little with this look and I can’t really blame them. This solid black back now has a lovely twist that all Bottega bags should have just to stand out as always in my mind, the Bottega always stands out miles from other bags. I love this look it is edgy but classic and as always I shall put it on my wish list.

this is true