This summer, it’s all about ombré waves. If they weren’t on your mind yet (a la Rachel Bilson), just look at Minka Kelly’s alluring tendrils at the Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 show. Maybe it’s the movie they were in together, but I have trouble telling her and Leighton Meester apart. Beautiful nevertheless, but this look will make Minka stand out in my mind!
Celebrity stylist Mark Townsend gives us an insider reveal on how he achieved her full and voluminous waves. Here’s a play-by-play on what he did:
1) Run a few drops of Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum ($11.18 for 4 oz. pack of 2) through damp hair.
2) Add a large dollop of Dove Body and Lift Mousse ($11.97 for 7 oz. pack of 3).
3) Blow-dry with your hands for “tons of texture.” (Instead of using a round brush, Mark “rough dried it completely, knowing that the serum would keep her hair from getting frizzy.”)
4) Once all your hair is dry, take 3-inch sections and spray with Dove Flexible Hold Hairspray ($4.96 for 7 oz.).
5) Wrap the hair around a 1.5-inch curling iron for “sexy waves that will last all night.”
6) Once you’ve finished curling, liberally spray Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($39 for 8.5 oz.) all throughout your hair. Flip your head upside-down and spray underneath to give “the hair a great, second day texture.”
7) Before you leave, spritz Dove Extra Hold Hairspray ($3.60 for 9.25 oz.) “all over to add more texture and keep those waves in place.”