Back in the 90s when we were in college, when 3″ shoes were considered high and 4″ shoes were saved for street walkers. Flash forward to 2011, when housewives (real or otherwise) snap up 6″ shoes without batting a lash (extension). All great for me, being such a shortie and all, but my back and sore calves are begging me to pull out more manageable heel heights. Even my BBF (Best Blogger Friend!), Judy Aldridge of Atlantis Home, stated on a recent shoe shopping spree that it was time for me to get out of my platform kick and get into more delicate and ladylike shoes (easy for her to say at 5’7″!). But I’m ready for a change, or I should say my back is demanding it. Here are my top 5 favorite ladylike heels–
1. Miu Miu nude patent pump- Low heeled doesn’t mean drab, not when it comes to Miu Miu! The patent leather peep toe pumps with bejeweled chunky heel is a showstopper, pair it with a knee length skirt or shorter to show if off properly. On Net-a-Porter for $620.
2. Miu Miu purple suede bow pump- I keep thinking “dandy” when I see look at this but you must try this on to see how cute it is! The ribbon bow detail is the perfect ornament to top off a classic shape. I love this with a pair of rolled up jeans. At Bergdorf Goodman for $570.
3. Givenchy pointy toe pumps- Okay, so these metallic tipped heels are borderline “ladylike” but I just love the sleekness of the shoe. I’m thinking razor sharp black pencil skirt and a crisp white shirt for day and black cigarette pants for evenings. At
Ssense for $590.
4. DKNY- Look around you, everyone is in clod stomping butch-ery platforms, these will give you an edge. Add a pair of horn rimmed black glasses and you can look down your nose at the rest of them. On Net-a-Porter for $190.
5. Prada- By far my favorite lady like shoe, it reminds me of the styles we wore in the 90s. The ombre hued shiny calfskin is a Prada signature (I had several bags in this exact skin but I have no idea what happened to them!). At Bergdorf Goodman for $720.