When you are wearing glitzy, rock show-stopping, mini-meets-maxi Balmain, you’re hair has to be done in just the right measure of undone. Zoe rocked it, to say the least, at the Miami premiere of her new film “Colombiana” (in which she totally kicks ass). Her hair is loosened up and imperfect in the front, as if it just happened that way, showing off her slender jawline and stud earrings. But the back, still unfussy, is the surprise of a low, softly gathered ponytail embellished by a très Balmain-appropriate gold chain. Here’s how to achieve the look, according to Zoe’s longtime hair guru, Mara Roszak.
And check out Mara’s impressive portfolio here!
1) On damp hair, apply Josie Maran Aragon Oil Hair Serum ($12), an anti-frizz, high-shine treatment, and blow dry.
2) Spray all over with Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($19.50).
3) Add a dab of Oribe Original Pomade ($34) to palms of hands and rub through hair to get a rougher texture.
4) Gather hair into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic. Wrap a piece of hair around the elastic and secure, or wrap a small piece of chain, even from an old necklace, around the elastic and secure by crisscrossing bobby pins.
5) Spray all over with Lenor Greyl Voluforme Hairspray ($36).