With the dips in temperature come the cold-weather accessories. Why choose to look at them like the practical necessities they are? We all have a pair of black leather gloves (or two or three) in our closet, but this season, live it up and don a pair with unique style! Whether you encase your hands in jewels, lace, or leopard, the glove is a demure yet assertive way to infuse unexpected panache. My top picks are as ladylike as they are unafraid to take the spotlight.
1) Alexander McQueen Black Fingerless Glove: I’ll concede this brass-encrusted pair is far more decorative than it is warm, but the sense of flavor these gloves bring will amp up any ensemble. And at least you won’t have to take them off to text. At Alexander McQueen for $755.
2) H&M Long Lace Gloves: Have an old black dress in your closet? Dress it up, retro-style, with a pair of dramatic opera-length gloves. Think of these frugal snob-approved finds as lacy tights for your arms. At H&M for $9.95.
3) MICHAEL Michael Kors Jeweled Lambskin Gloves: Enjoy coziness and still show off your manicure. Soft lambskin with a ribbed knit trim is sensible; clusters of multi-cut rhinestones will add a spellbinding flash to your hand gestures. No doubt about it, this is the best value for your money. At Michael Kors for $98.
4) Agent Provocateur Leopard-Print Calf-Hair Driving Gloves: I love a good leopard glove. This season, there is something for every budget. With a flash of red leather, Agent Provocateur’s driving gloves bring even more pizzazz to the statement. On Net-a-Porter for $500.
H&M Imitation Leather Gloves: For a frugal alternative, H&M’s faux fur and imitation leather offers a similar dual-sided effect (at a tiny percentage of the price). At H&M for $17.95.
5) Lanvin Crystal-Embroidered Long Leather Gloves: Would Holly Golightly have “swooooned” over these? I think so! Elbow-reaching leather looks dreamy with wild, three-dimensional Swarovski crystal embellishments. The glam factor just climbed by a thousand notches. On Net-a-Porter for $1,555.