What’s more festive than a pair of glittery shoes? Sequined dresses can get so passé, especially you realize you’re just one in a sea of sparkles on New Years Eve. Leave it to your feet to glitter brightly and keep the rest of your look solid, whether bright or neutral – that way you can catch the late-night light without looking like you just stumbled off Las Vegas Blvd. Sure, nothing says holiday cheer like a pair of richly sequined or crystal-coated shoes, but the best of the bunch are the ones you can wear year round without resembling a Christmas tree ornament. Buy now and glitter long past your first toast of 2012.
1) Miu Miu Calf-Hair and Glitter Pump: Ease into glitter with just your toe and heel. Gold-dipped, not covered, is not a big commitment, and a body of black calf-hair makes this pump daytime-approved. At Bergdorf Goodman for $690.
2) Jimmy Choo Crystal-Mesh Sandal: Not much is more decadent than lightweight netting generously encrusted with crystals. In gunmetal with dance-able straps, these will be the most versatile pair of flashy shoes you own. At Bergdorf Goodman for $2,095.
3) Giuseppe Zanotti Crystal Bootie: A cute bootie takes the prissiness out of the gleam. In satin with a pin-thin heel, these black-on-black sparkles will look as explosive with a hot leather skirt as they would with a pair of laid-back leggings. At Barneys New York for $1,835.
4) Co-Op Barneys New York Glitter Sandal: Barneys’ private label can give the big designer names a run for their pumps – at a lower cost that leaves you with cash to buy a sparkly accessory or two. These mellow cutout sandals will bring gorgeous golden shine to any outfit, and that sleek, rose-gold shot of a heel reads like a ray of light. At Barneys New York for $495.
5) Sergio Rossi Jeweled Platform Sandal: A sumptuous T-strap platform with jewel-embellished, scalloped details like this is the kind of shoes a mermaid would give up her tail for. Nude satin keeps it light and elegant as you tread land. At Barneys New York for $920.