I just love it that furs are on sale now right as it’s getting cold! It used to be you had to wait until February to snag some cozy outer layers for cool bargains and by then, what’s the fun? It’s already onward and upward to spring. But now the timing is right on. Be it faux or real fur, ’tis the season to get toasty and fuzzy. Cropped, edgy, luxe, structured, or casual, investment piece or fun and frivolous, these are all versatile picks that will warm you up without weighing down your wallet.
1) Bottega Veneta Reversible Shearling Wrap Coat: Enough said. Any chocolate-brown shearling coat will last you for countless years to come. When it’s by Bottega and designed to be seamlessly reversible, you actually won’t be tired of it years later. This one is sumptuous enough to inspire me to head north for the winter. On Net-a-Porter for $5,600 (from $8,000).
2) MICHAEL Michael Kors Animal-Print Faux Fur Cropped Jacket: This is when faux fur really works: cropped, chubby, flirty, and young. The price is a no-brainer and so is wearing this leopard print with jeans, tees, and even a laid-back cocktail look every now and again. On Net-a-Porter for $105 (from $175).
3) Burberry Prorsum Rabbit, Wool, and Cashmere-Blend Coat: Being all buttoned up has never looked this cool until now. As of late, Burberry has gotten awfully good at mixing British military structure and modern-girl edge. A cropped upper with a rabbit skirt breaks this up into a flattering cut. On Net-a-Porter for $2,247.50 (from $4,495).
4) Karl Donoghue Shearling Coat: Fluffy, white deliciousness. I want to cuddle up to this touchable coat as much as I want to give it a whirl with sky-high heels and slick coated jeans. Now that it’s on sale, I think I’ll do both! On Net-a-Porter for $1,167 (from $1,945).
5) 3.1 Phillip Lim Shearling and Leather Varsity Jacket: Forget your high school boyfriend’s old team jacket, Phillip Lim has outdone them all. This is as nuanced as the sporty look gets. Nude leather and light black shearling means you can work this in a number of ways. On Net-a-Porter for $725 (from $1,450).