Once the holidays come to a close and the winter doldrums kick in, there are few words more soothing to my mind than “resort.” Well, “cruise” works, too! Not only will it soon be primetime to take a warm-weather vacation (which is a gift in itself), you get the bonus of having an excuse to shop for things you don’t necessarily need, per se.
These totes are practical, but they are also on the decadent side.. Beachy bags for lounging poolside (beware of splashers!), afternoons in the hotel lounge, or if you want your carry-on bag to be a real pick-me-up.
1) Jimmy Choo Camille Large Leather and Calf-Hair Tote: Nothing feels more refreshing than a big white tote when you’re making a run for the tropics. With elements of zebra-print calf-hair and gold chain-links, this carryall has several elements of glam. On Net-a-Porter for $2,195.
2) Lanvin Gypsie Straw and Snake-Print Tote: Straw is luxurious when it is trimmed in leather and the look of snake, Lanvin-style. The energetic, flared design brings a stroke of irreverence that’s perfect for a getaway. Available for pre-order at Neiman Marcus for $2,190.
3) Missoni Home Lipki Striped Canvas Tote: Not all resort-time bags should be too gorgeous to toss around. Missoni’s stripes make for a great frugal-snob bag that won’t mind getting wet and sandy. On Net-a-Porter for $315.
4) Rochas Giallo Tote Bag: A great, big pop of creamy pink and aqua-blue? Like sand and surf, this two-tone tote evokes a picturesque beach. Glazed to perfection, calfskin has never looked smoother. A discreet logo and an attached cosmetics pouch make it a no-brainer for loading up. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,065.
5) Bottega Veneta Two-Tone Deerskin Tote: Bottega has a dreamy way with shocking pink. With equally bright orange weave trim and plush braided top-handle, this is a bag to covet this holiday and love forever. At Bergdorf Goodman for $2,800.