If there is one night out of the entire year when you should break out the sassiest, sauciest, most conversation-worthy clutch you can, the last evening is it. Your party dress might set the tone, but you just can’t let your clutch go unnoticed when you ring in the New Year. Forget about holding back when it comes to accessorizing. Go fab or go home. In fact, just stay home! This not the time to play it safe; handle with high style and you’ll be grateful you did when the clock strikes twelve.
1) Prada Swarovski Crystal Stone Clutch: Bling it on and don’t look back. Prada brings the concept of jewel-encrusted decadence to a hilariously wild level, proving sometimes more is more.
At Neiman Marcus for $2,100.
2) Lena Erziak Adam Clutch: Take a bite out of 2012 with this Eve-approved minaudiere. Maybe it’s a bit kitschy, but that’s why it’s so great. Python has never looked so juicy – good enough to eat but far better to carry.
At Lena Erziak for $2,650.
3) Bag Snob x DKNY The Clutch: Our favorite clutch of the year is, of course, our own! It’s not really New Year’s without a flash of sequins, and the convenient wristlet will keep you from spilling your flute of Champagne.
On Net-A-Porter for $265.
4) Alexander McQueen Ayers Snakeskin Knuckle-Duster Clutch: McQueen’s latest take on their knuckle-duster will let it be known you can take the reigns. This serpentine skull is a little devilish. What a perfect way to start the year: fiercely in control!
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,995.
5) Paige Gamble Stingray and Platinum Druzy Clutch: If I had a penny for every pyramid stud-encrusted clutch I’ve seen…I’d be able to afford this most unusual bag! Pale gray stingray skin studded with glistening platinum druzies, scattered asymmetrically: this is a whimsical clutch worth gushing about.
At Paige Gamble for $1,990.