Jessica Alba‘s laid-back style is enviable for mom snobs and single girls alike. This isn’t the first time she’s carried her Bulgari Serpente bag, but this is the best execution yet. Made of emerald karung with a leather upper, it’s enhanced with jewel fastenings that look like enameled snake heads and embellished with eyes in malachite green drops.
The only way that really makes sense to rock this as a day bag? By following Jessica’s cue. Her take on the uptown academic is right on. Lace-free oxfords drive home the look of unbothered prep, and understated neutrals let the bag shine as the centerpiece.
Bulgari Serpente Shoulder Bag at Bulgari for $2,250.
Get the Look for Less:
1) Score a chain-strapped bag with the same textural jade effect for a tiny fraction of the price. Rewind Vintage Affairs Snakeskin Bag on Farfetch for $280.
2) A crisp black blazer is a wardrobe staple that need not cost a pretty penny. Topshop Unlined Longline Blazer at Topshop for $130.
3) Frothy white silk lightens up the look – and makes for a cool contrast against black tights. Take your pick between a breezy dress or a pleated skirt.
– 3.1 Phillip Lim Slip Dress At Barneys New York for $250.
4) Nab Jessica’s classical-cool oxfords. A lack of laces makes for a surplus of chic. Prada Laceless Leather Oxfords At Saks Fifth Avenue for $482.99 (from $690).