Kelly and I have been reveling in the fabulously cheap thrills of the Net-a-Porter stateside for weeks. Now it’s Europe’s and Asia’s turn to get in on some marked-down retail therapy! All of your snob favorites are on sale, from Alaïa to Valentino to McQueen and everything in between. Here, we’ve narrowed it down to the cream of the high-end crop:
1) Alexander McQueen Wicca Tweed Shoulder Bag, £507 (from £845): Even if this tactile take on the enduring Wicca bag is more fall than spring, bouclé tweed never goes out of fashion, especially when you’re aiming for uptown chic.
2) Charlotte Olympia Pandora Bruce Perspex Box Clutch, £297 (from £495): Ring in the New Year in high style. Slick ebony is often the coolest way to go – just ask Charlotte. Her sharp clutch makes for a ridiculous sleek piece with a tiger’s head clasp that’s sure to incite some conversation.
3) Alaïa Cutout Studded Leather Tote, £1,956.5 (from £2,795): Daily totes don’t get more seductive than this. Black cutout leather creates a peek-a-boo effect; decked out in studs, this is a bag that is tough to turn down – and sure to get noticed.
4) Valentino Rockstud Oversized Lizard Clutch, £1,358 (from £1,940): Valentino has such an effortlessly glamorous way with studs. When they are trimming a bag of rosy brown lizard-skin, you’ve got one brilliant clutch. Especially in this awesome exaggerated size.
5) Dolce & Gabbana Animal-print Calf-Hair Shoulder Bag, £469 (from £670): What’s a sale without some animal print? Hardly a snob-approved one! A black and white palette makes leopard feel fresh and new, and star charm-embellished chain-strap makes it extra-vivacious.