Winter white has edged its way out of an odd shade to wear when there’s snow on the ground and into the territory of the officially agreeable. But I think creamy, dreamy nude – probably the most classically glamorous hue out there, aside from lipstick red – is so much more appealing. A pale, neutral bag can elevate a look from ordinary to outright elegant. Nothing says “luxuriant” like sporting a light color (with such a risk of getting dirty, you’re announcing that you live a charmed life – just be ware of cap-less pens and wet counters!), so get all the way into the nude with an outfit that shows off a fully “naked” palette, bag included.
1) Jimmy Choo Solar Leather Shoulder Bag: The slouchy shape of this refined hobo announces everyday ease, while the couplet of bangles sitting comfortably below the strap translate to serious glam. On Luisa Via Roma for $1,375.
2) Diane von Furstenberg Coryn Patent-Leather Clutch Bag: When it comes to perfectly priced clutches, DVF has been delivering. This slick patent-leather box gets an urban update with its super-slinky silver strap, which you can remove for a crisp and clean feel. At Matches Fashion for $324.
3) Helmut Lang Ammut Bag: The nude satchel for the girl who likes to get a little dirty. Helmut’s handbags offer downtown grit, even when the color is pristine. An asymmetrical cut and wrinkly-crinkly, distressed leather means the Ammut can take a beating. On ShopBop for $795.
4) See by Chloé Hilo Brogued Leather Shoulder Bag: See by Chloé bags don’t normally do much for me, but this is a successfully youthful take on a graceful shade. A little bit menswear-inspired and a lot feminine, this punched leather makes for sweet texture. On My Theresa for $389.
5) Valentino Rockstud Small Straw Tote Bag: See nude and still look straight towards spring? Valentino does the shade with natural finesse. Their take on the straw tote is so sleek you hardly even notice the primary material is straw. Contrasting straps give it some edge. Take it on vacation now and savor it come the warm weather. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,845.