Think of a bright snap of lemon or lime as the ensemble equivalent of a tangy wedge in your drink. It adds a palatable pop of flavor, making almost any cocktail taste better! The same goes for your outfit. Need a shot of energy? Any of these pieces will give you the zing you might be craving when neutrals aren’t doing the job. Just keep it concise: one citrus shot is enough to go around.
1) Christopher Kane x J.Brand Martini Jean: While the name of this jean could be referring to the belled cut of the leg (like an upside-down martini glass), I’m seeing a vodka martini, up with a big twist. Colored jeans just got the highlighter treatment; the frayed edge makes it modern.
At Barneys New York for $285.
2) Michael Kors Stretch Wool-Crepe Racer-Back Dress: Scuba style is still a surprising take on the mini-dress, and it’s on-trend. Stretch-wool crepe has received a sporty-chic upgrade, but it’s the juicy color that really makes it.
At Net-a-Porter for $1,795.
3) Deborah Marquit Antoinette Bikini: Keep your lemony hue a secret with a bikini brief. Lovely lace puts a classically feminine spin on a standout color, and neon lingerie makes a bold statement (to the special few who get to see).
At Barneys New York for $115.
4) Thakoon Voile Panel Dress: Lemon looks girlish on Thakoon’s patchwork-paneled dress. The light apron style makes for a romantic look right out of your own personal fairy tale.
At Barneys New York for $1,350.
5) Peter Som Double-Breasted Coat: Speaking of romance, what’s more ethereal than a lace coat in a wonderfully outlandish color? Lime-green goes elegant with this notched-collar coat that will be a refreshing cocktail topper whatever the season.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,725.