Not all mid-winter getaways point to sandy beaches and mid-eighties temperatures. It’s also time to hit the slopes! While dressing for the powdery elements can pose more complications than say, packing up for a day by the pool, it doesn’t mean you have to toss your snobbiest bags off the chair lift! Here, are the top five bags for hitting the slopes to celebrate the new year– or taking five in the lodge (which is where I usually am):
1) Bag Snob x DKNY The Trendy Bag: Midnight-blue, leopard-print calf-hair works well with your winter palette and the convertible style of our very own Trendy bag makes it ultra-convenient. Shoulder bags tend to slide off puffy ski jackets, so wear it as a no-slip belt bag. On Net-a-Porter for $325.
2) Mulberry Antony Leather Crossbody Bag: A sporty crossbody style announces you came to move. With vegetable-dyed leather and a canvas strap, Mulberry offers a rugged version that has a hint of snowboarder-cool. On Net-a-Porter for $500.
3) Jas MB 80% Wings Traveller: Multiple strap options means it’s impossible to lose track of this angular tote, no matter how bulky your gear gets. Top-handle, cross-body, or shoulder bag; smooth, whipstitched, or canvas: pick your style and your strap. At Barneys New York for $465.
4) Alexander Wang Marti Backpack: The slopes aren’t the place to be fussy. But you can bring some urban grit to your idyllic mountain setting. In cherry-red, Wang’s trademark backpack will make sure nobody misses you against a backdrop of white. On ShopBop for $850.
5) Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Leather Weekend Bag: Are you more of a lodge bunny than a snow bunny? If warming up by the fireplace with hot chocolate is more your speed, then bring a roomy and timeless bag for stashing a book, scarf, MacBook, and a weekend’s worth of magazines. On Net-a-Porter for $2,580.