You haven’t even busted out your swim gear yet and summer shoes are already on sale! Not like you’re not already eager for the fun-in-the-sun season – stocking up on these now will no doubt get you feeling more impatient. Here, my picks of the season’s best. Some of these sandals, platforms, and pumps aren’t even on sale and they already have such good value:
1) Ash Distressed Calf Hair Pump: For the evening, calf-hair is sublime. In light, distressed taupe, this pump is casual enough for cool summer nights. Wear it with washed-out jeans for a real warm-weather look. At Bergdorf Goodman for $206 (from $275).
2) MICHAEL Michael Kors Ariana Ostrich-Effect Leather Wedge Sandals: These cork wedges already seem like they’re at a sale price! The fact that they’re in the season’s hottest shade of orange makes them a must. On Net-a-Porter for $150.
3) Elizabeth and James T-Strap Lizard-Embossed Leather Wedge Sandals: A covered platform with the effect of luxe lizard offers invigorating texture and a sense of dressiness. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $117.99 (from $295).
4) Boutique 9 Piraya Metallic Leather T-Strap Sandals: Even if you’re bored with color-blocking, these strappy flats are subtle enough. Metallic can go the distance into the night with a cute little dress. And the price is so good you can just toss ‘em if the trend gets on your nerves later in the season. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $79.
5) MICHAEL Michael Kors Braided Strappy Sandals: I had to throw in another Kors because these are an incredible $59! With a pair of nude, braided strappy sandals, your vacation is covered. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $59 (from $150).