Unpredictable and uncommon, it’s all about the blue shoe for spring. Actually, it seems like the entire color palette for Miu Miu is blue this season. There isn’t a cooler color than blue – and now we’re seeing it in every shade from turquoise to sapphire, Carolina to Prussian, in textures spanning the gamut from super-sparkly to rich matte. I, for one, couldn’t be any happier – my favorite color is finally taking center stage!
1) Miu Miu Python-Effect Leather Pumps: Four inches of snake-like blue on a pointy silhouette – this shoe is as “now” as it gets. Wear these sleek pumps with a contrasting color for maximum impact.
On Net-a-Porter for $580.
2) Christian Louboutin J-Lissimo 100 Spiked Metallic Leather Sandals: Louboutin’s take on shimmery sea-blue aqua is at once hard and soft. Spikes evoke edge, but perfect placement and clear PVC lightens the load.
On Net-a-Porter for $795.
3) Jimmy Choo Crushed Metallic Sandal: Blue does not get more electric than this. These crackling strips of metallic burn with cold heat and exude high-octane, glam-rock fire.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $995.
4) Giuseppe Zanotti Two-Tone Swirl Sandal: Layers and layers of plush cobalt straps – yum! A splash of aqua adds dynamism to these soft suede sandals, which suggest modern-art inspiration.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,150.
5) Nicholas Kirkwood Satin Sandals: This blossom won’t fade into the foliage. A jolt of sapphire satin is Nicholas’ classical base for a voluptuous flower in full bloom.
Inquire at Nicholas Kirkwood for retailers.