…I wish! But the shoes that get us inspired for the season certainly have, and that’s all that really matters, isn’t it? An array of refreshing new prints have emerged, from New Age-artistic to exotic-gone-soft to down-home floral to city-made ikat and back to classic leopard. Which print gets your heart pumping for greener pastures?
1) Christian Louboutin Une Plume 140 Patent-Leather and Cork Wedges: The timeless cork wedge gets a hyper-modern update in a print that looks tech-savvy-meets-abstract art. This paint-splattered effect is more digital than hand-done.
On Net-a-Porter for $625.
2) Giuseppe Zanotti Alien Sandal: Surprisingly, the softest and most demure of the bunch comes from Giuseppe. Lizard-stamped leather gets a hazy, dreamy makeover in this nude and smoke blend.
At Barneys New York for $650.
3) Bottega Veneta Printed Wooden Wedge Sandals: Bottega goes country-rustic with faded navy canvas, but it’s the sugar-sweet floral pattern that takes these into “Little House on the Prairie” territory – gone chic, that is.
On Net-a-Porter for $820.
4) Manolo Blahnik Multicolor Fabric Point-Toe Pump: Ikat-print looks delightfully approachable when it’s been given a fuzzy makeover – in a way that invites you to add bold colors and maybe even a strong pattern to the mix.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $655.
5) Jimmy Choo Leopard-Print Whipstitched Wedge Sandal: Wild thing! Okay, so naturalistic leopard isn’t a new print, but it always does make my heart sing! Set against red and black whipstitching, these are enough to inflict jungle fever.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,095.