Finally, an onslaught of styles that won’t kill our feet! Sexy, cool heels measuring three to four inches have always been hard to come by, but now mid-level heights are making a strong showing. If these shoes were in a pageant, they would win Miss Congeniality, for sure. Welcome these friendly heights that promise to treat your feet nicely without sacrificing devastating good looks.
1) Yves Saint Laurent Tribute Leather Sandal: Unbelievable comfortable and equally attractive, YSL’s quintessential high style is more welcoming in an approachable 4” version. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,095.
2) Christian Louboutin Piou Piou 85 Calf-Hair Pumps: At 3.5”, these give a nod to the demure kitten heel, but the lean and graceful heel leaves no room for even a hint of stumpy-ness. On Net-a-Porter for $895.
3) Miu Miu Snakeskin-Effect Leather Wedge Sandals: There’s something glamorously retro about this python-meets-metallic wedge – a sling-back and a peep-toe are the right details for a cool 3” heel. On Net-a-Porter for $660.
4) Jimmy Choo Amina Patent Leather Peep-Toe Mary Jane Pumps: Like the Tribute, the platform on this 4-incher makes the height hardly noticeable, while a skinny buckled strap and shiny texture give nod to fetish-level sexiness. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $695.
5) Manolo Blahnik Metallic Leather Slingback Peep Toe Pumps: What does the rise of the medium heel really mean? The return of the Manolo! These mirror-finish bronze sling-backs get a gold medal. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $685.