The spring boot is an elusive thing. As soon as the end of March hits, we can’t wait to shed our chunky, heavy clunkers (as exciting as they seemed back in September!) and reveal our refreshed pedicures. But it’s also too soon to jump right into a pair of sandals – we have all summer for that. The key is finding a boot that shows you’re acknowledging the new season – think light colors, flesh reveals, and dipped silhouettes. These five fit the bill, letting you blossom without stripping down to sandals quite yet.
1) Christian Louboutin Belle Zeppa 100 Suede Ankle Boots: Cut so low and sexy, this wedge-bootie almost fits like a round-toe pump – but much more en vogue, especially for cropped pants and trouser shorts, so you can show off your ankles.
On Net-a-Porter for $995.
2) Giuseppe Zanotti Alien Ankle Bootie: Downtown to uptown, this chic peep-toe has your bases covered. An elegant cut means ladylike appeal, while bold buckles introduce some funk.
At Barneys New York for $930.
3) Isabel Marant Dicker Suede Ankle Boots: Isabel’s renegade – and almost ubiquitous – hit of Fall 2011 now makes a reappearance just in time for balmy temperatures. The wear-with-everything Dicker boot looks springtime-fresh in moss-green suede.
On Net-a-Porter for $580.
4) Givenchy Elastic Cage Bootie: Some might argue this is an avant-garde take on a pump and the elements of sandal straps are undeniable, but that’s what makes this elastic-cord bootie so spring-perfect. The fact that it’s white only drives the spring-positive point home.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $750.
5) Giambattisti Valli Python Laced Low Boots: This is the sensual pinnacle of the spring boot. Blush-nude exotic: check. Loads of warm weather-ready cutouts: check. Flirtatious laces to accent your sundress: check. This is the boot to wear on the first evening of springtime.
Available for pre-order on Luisa via Roma for $1,456 (for arrival by February 29th).
6) Oscar de la Renta Mauritania Bootie: My favorite booties of the season! A sexy and edgy take on the classic lace up bootie– it is the one you should not spring forward without.
At Oscar de la Renta for $1,795.