You don’t need a significant other to appreciate a lovely bag. For me, I’m always alone on Valentine’s Day – fashion hates love so Fashion Week always lands on this day. But it doesn’t hate the colors of love! Just keep your pink bags to a minimum, in both size and quantity, so choose wisely and stick to classics. Any of these little delights will be dandy as a gift, to wear out for a romantic (or not!) evening, or just something to give yourself on the day of ardor.
Happily, this season, pinks both pale and bold are in full swing, so you won’t need to limit your wear to just Valentine’s Day. And we’ve made it easy for you. In case you need to nudge your honey with gift ideas, send him this link and don’t be shy about it. I believe in the “ask and you shall receive” method!
1) Miu Miu Mini Matelassé Leather Clutch: With its touchable, ruched matelassé leather and embellished gold frame top, this clutch reminds me of the most delectable chocolate in the box.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,150.
2) Emilio Pucci Python Shoulder Bag: This pink really goes pow! And the very Pucci swirly lining only adds to the pizzazz of this peppy shoulder bag.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,850.
3) Zagliani Python-Skin Zip Purse: It might be soft and natural on the outside, but open this present of a purse and you’ll be happily surprised by the bright pink suede lining.
At Browns Fashion for $694 (£445).
4) Proenza Schouler PS1 Python-Suede Pochette: Sometimes just a touch of blush is all you need. This time it’s not for your cheeks, but to clutch in your hands.
At Barneys New York for $1,735.
5) Givenchy Python Obsedia Minaudière Clutch: Givenchy manages to do pale pink with edge and delicacy. It’s all in the strong shape and fierce yet tasteful hardware.
At Barneys New York for $1,945.
6) Rebecca Minkoff Fling Clutch: Fling is the perfect name for this casually priced clutch. Take snake-embossed fuchsia leather out for a night on the town and use the slinky strap to wear it worry-free.
On ShopBop for $250.
7) Nancy Gonzalez Crocodile Box Clutch: It doesn’t get more classic than crocodile by Nancy. You’ll be enjoying her box clutch for the next ten Valentine’s Days.
On Net-a-Porter for $850.