Nasty Nellie Olsen (of “Little House on the Prairie” fame) was the meanest girl on the plains, but her perfect ringlets always fascinated me (turns out she wore a wig – no wonder).
I still like pretty ringlet curls, but they are quite difficult to achieve with curling irons and hot curlers (clip-less rods produce ringlets, but I inevitably burn myself in the ear, face, or hand).
I recently discovered these Wrap Snap & Go! Comfort hair rollers (at Walgreens for ten bucks, no less!). They take a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of them, it is so much fun. You can shape any size curl you want and get perfect ringlets each time with zero damage. My hair has a slight wave from a digital perm back in November, so it still holds curl really well. Since I have been worried about using too much heat, these soft rollers are the way to go.
You just need to hold a blow dryer over them for a few minutes – but this heat is easy to control. They recommend sleeping in them; however, that didn’t work out so well for me. I ended up pulling them out in the middle of the night and one even got stuck in my hair, forcing me to get out of bed and remove it! I say, “wrap, snap, and go!” in the morning. You just need to set bit of time aside.
Here are the directions:
1. If you just shampooed your hair, let hair air dry or blow dry slightly before using them.
2. For dry hair, dampen hair slightly.
3. Wrap 1″ sections of hair around the curlers and snap (only takes me 5 minutes to wrap my entire head now!).
4. Hold a blow dryer over your hair for a few minutes.
5. Do your make up and brush your teeth while hair sets.
6. Leave it in for at least 20 minutes.
7. Remove the curlers, et voila, Nellie-worthy ringlets that are anything but nasty!
At Walgreens for $9.99.