To quote the indelible Miranda Priestley of The Devil Wears Prada, “Florals? For spring? Ground-breaking.” Well, actually, yes! Sure, we all know botanical prints make a major annual appearance as the real flowers come out, but this time designers are getting innovative with their patterns. Flowers aren’t just sweetly femme anymore – spring welcomes a new crop of bright florals. With modern edge, everything is coming roses…and orchids…and hibiscuses…and daisies…
1) Christopher Kane Silk-Blend Floral Brocade Jacket: Brocade floral takes on a mystifying effect, thanks to a sparkling metallic treatment, sheer organza trimming, and spliced paneling. On Net-a-Porter for $3,840.
2) Marc by Marc Jacobs Havana Printed Silk-Satin Dress: Head back to the romantic days of old 1950s Havana with this nostalgically tropical number. It’s just retro enough. On Net-a-Porter for $600.
3) Alexander Wang Printed High-Rise Skinny Jeans: Only Wang could make floral pants look this edgy. Imbued with an ombré effect and mesh print, these flowers take on a downtown, spray-painted feel. On Net-a-Porter for $395.
4) Zimmerman Floral-Print Bandeau Bikini: Australian brand Zimmerman is the go-to for girly swimsuits that exude edge. This underwire bandeau is no exception: the pattern is sugar, the cut is spice. On Net-a-Porter for $245.
5) Erdem Arizona Printed Silk-Crepe and Fine-Knit Top: Erdem went all-out with botanicals for spring. Silk-blend sleeves and a semi-sheer, silk-crepe body dress up this artistic tee. On Net-a-Porter for $730.