A great cuff can take any outfit from blah to bam! in seconds flat. The best are bold, chunky with delicate details, and look just as good minimal and all alone as they do piled high with other bracelets for a plentiful look. Just in time for spring – when you might have the desire to get in touch with nature – here are my picks for the best earthy, organic cuffs.
1) Oscar de la Renta 24-Karat Gold-Plated Cuff: A shell mosaic and glass cabochons, arranged in a geometrically artful manner, make this gleaming, rustic gold cuff timelessly glamorous. On Net-a-Porter for $650.
2) Giuseppe Zanotti Ivory-Enamel and Crystals Bracelet: You usually wouldn’t characterize plentiful crystals as a rugged embellishment, but Zanotti’s blends down-to-earth simplicity with the sparkle of a starry night sky. On Luisa Via Roma for $1,835.
3) Kelly Wearstler Leather and Fossil Bracelet: Deep red croc-effect leather brings mysterious charm to this already-unusual cuff. A Septarian Nodule mineral on one side and a big gunmetal brass buckle as the closure make for a savage-meets-city mix. On Net-a-Porter for $265.
4) Aesa Brass Large Cuff with Mabe Pearl: There’s something about a shining chunk of sterling silver on your arm that looks equally space-aged and out of the earth. Aesa’s contrasting-pearls centerpiece is out of the this world. At Barneys New York for $635.
5) Sandra Dini Organic Cuff: Lava stone, pyrite and rutilated quartz, set in an intricate web of 12-karat gold and silver makes for a creation that literally looks like it was magically dug out of the ground. At Barneys New York for $1,395.