When it comes this season’s strappy sandals, it’s time to throw caution to the wind. The connotation used to be of orthodox and delicate shoes – now they’ve gotten an avant-garde makeover. Show just how strapping you are all these unconventional ways to band your feet, from fringe to bondage to calf-high buckles. One thing’s for sure, your feet might look freewheeling, but these tightly fitted sandals are not going anywhere.
1) Maison Martin Margiela Suede Fringe Bootie: A quirky curtain of fringy straps cascade and frame your foot they way only Margiela could do it. A bit Chinese lantern like, don’t you think? At Bergdorf Goodman for $895.
2) Christian Louboutin Decoupata Strappy Boot: Straps upon straps of sex appeal with a big dose of intrigue, thanks to the toe strap, metallic mini-platform, and jolt of white. At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,295.
3) Pierre Hardy Cutout Leather Sandals: Hardy whips up a pair of colorblock styles in his typically artful manner. Cutouts come together for a flawless graphic effect. On Net-a-Porter for $1,595.
4) Chloé Multi-Strap Leather Flats: The wildest interpretation of a ballet flat for miles, in neutral cognac, these are surprisingly demure. On Net-a-Porter for $1,295.
5) Givenchy Elastic Cage Bootie: Grainy leather so pebbled it sparkles enhances the high level of intrigue on these stretchy-strapped summertime booties. At Bergdorf Goodman for $750.