Gossamer-sheer tops, maxi-skirts, and slipdresses are more than just a trend – based on the Fall 2012 runways, from Gucci to Chadwick Bell to Jil Sander, see-through is here to stay! The optical-illusion movement goes for our spring shoes, too. My picks of the best lucent heels range from off-kilter oxfords to transparent pumps to Edwardian booties:
1) Gucci Bette High-Heel Platform Sandal: Soft, powdery mesh brings major sensuality to a bold nude sandal. Wear these with everything, from colorful sundresses to muted workwear.
At Neiman Marcus for $660.
2) Charlotte Olympia Mesh Pom-Pom Platform Sandal: Pom-poms and pink and crepe-trimmed mesh: it doesn’t get more delightfully girly than this.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,295.
3) Christian Louboutin Unbout Illusion Pump: Illusion-evoking PVC makes a powerful statement when it’s framed in sharp fluorescent-yellow patent leather.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $795.
4) Loeffler Randall Georgia Mesh Bootie: A Victorian-inspired satin bootie gets a modern upgrade with panels of transparent white mesh.
At Loeffler Randall for $495.
5) Oscar de la Renta Oxford Illusion Sandal: Oscar has reinvented the oxford with this wild cutout interpretation that really shows off your feet.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $895.