I don’t have to tell you I’m not much of a sneaker girl. I love myself a good flat every now and then, but old-fashioned athletic kicks? Not my speed! However, a few chic new trainers have crept up and caught my eye. There are those days when you don’t want to be dressed, per se (as Kelly recently pointed out) and we all should have a cool pair of sneakers on reserve for those lazy off-days when you want a little spring in your step. If I’ll actually get around to wearing them, well, that’s another issue entirely!
1) Balenciaga Mesh Sneaker: Sport doesn’t get much more luxurious than Balenciaga. Mesh, crackly leather, and a plethora of cutouts make these feel very now. Available for pre-order at Barneys New York for $595.
2) Alexander Wang Dillon Paneled Perch and Suede Sneakers: Eighties-style gets a snobby upgrade with snake-embossed suede and metallic paneling. On Net-a-Porter for $385.
3) Miu Miu Patent Stud Toe Sneaker: Blush patent leather with a bubbly, studded cap-toe? Now we’re talking my kind of sneaker! Feminine with a sprinkling of toughness. At Barneys New York for $495.
4) Lanvin Printed Silk and Patent Sneakers: Count on Lanvin to make the trainer elegant. Grosgrain laces and an abstracted floral print ensure these are snob-worthy. On Luisa Via Roma for $751.
5) Opening Ceremony Grunge Sneaker: Okay, it has a heel, but this is technically still a sneaker! This casual canvas high-top has a mega-treaded sole for scampering around town. At Barneys New York for $290.