The holiday for lovers gives new meaning to the term “intimate apparel.” While the thought of getting all dolled up for your man could make some feel like they’re trying too hard, I say go for any excuse to don new lingerie! It’s not like it will go unappreciated – just keep it simple and chic and don’t forget to be yourself. Because your personality is the sexiest accessory of all.
1) La Perla Mezzanotte Triangle Bra: There is something so sexy about a triangle bra free of underwire. Especially when it’s in delicate panels of Chantilly lace and sheer tulle, for a cutout effect. At La Perla for $260.
2) Stella McCartney Clara Whispering Stretch Silk-Satin Chemise: The classic seduction that comes with this vintage-inspired slip speaks of the lust in a Tennessee Williams play. With the modern back-baring cutout, desire will be your name. On Net-a-Porter for $300.
3) La Fee Verte Ruffle Front Romper: A ruffled romper is flirty and comfortable, without going too structured and over-the-top. The deep-V lures the eye in, and the faint racer-back introduces a hint of sportiness. On ShopBop for $130.
4) Kiki de Montparnasse Garter Tank and Corset Panty: Showcase a twist on the classic garter belt ensemble with Kiki’s spunky garter tank. Pair the sheer lace with matching panties and you’ve got undeniable relaxed sex appeal. Tank, $395, and Panty, $185, at Barneys New York.
5) Deborah Marquit Giardino di Fiori Italian Lace Underwired Bra and Lace Briefs: There are no rules when it comes to color. Pick something unexpected like hot violet, an electrifying hue that’s sure to burn up the evening. Bra, $195, and Briefs, $110.