Winter whites make for a nice pick-me-up, but let’s be real: there’s no white better than one of the warm-weather persuasion. It’s the shade that’s made to enhance tans, offset contrasting hues, and announce to the world a new phase has arrived. Especially now. From buttery creams to crisp washes to the palest of bleach, this summer you need a white bag to set off your neon brights and keep you fresh, no matter how sultry it gets.
1) Jil Sander Flat Shoulder Bag: This hard-edged shoulder style is made for the modern lady who lunches in her steel-tip stilettos and works the sidewalk like a catwalk.
At Barneys New York got $570.
2) Valentino Rockstud Dome Tote: I am really into Valentino bags lately – Maria Grazia and Pier Paolo are the best thing that’s happened to Valentino since the color red. I ordered one of these for Kelly; I’m sure she will use it all summer!
At Neiman Marcus for $1,845.
3) Delvaux Givry MM Shoulder Bag: In supple Basane leather, this crème-de-la-crème classic is for the less adventurous luxury-seekers who want a white bag that lasts. Keep it clean, snobs!
At Barneys New York for $2,075.
4) Mulberry Evelina Marshmallow Hobo Bag: This bag actually looks like a marshmallow! Usually, bag names make no sense but in this case, Mulberry’s square hobo is making me crave gooey s’mores and crackling campfires.
On Sense for $1,350.
5) Fendi Colorblock Anna Shoulder Bag: Colorblocking gone creamy! If you want your whites with some variation, it doesn’t get more refined than this vanilla, tan, and ivory blend.
At Neiman Marcus for $2,120.
6) Valentino Leather Shoulder Bag: Another Valentino: I just had to include this urban equestrian bag! I love the brown leather and subtle hardware accents, which make it endlessly versatile.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,595.