When it comes to my nails, I am a simple girl. I like them to be clean and chic (my color du jour is French Quarter for Your Thoughts by OPI) – nothing too out-there. But that’s not to say I don’t love seeing other people take chances!
The biggest trend of the moment is multiple-hued manicures, spotted all over the streets of Paris Fashion Week. A color for each digit? Why not?! This is about as lighthearted as nails get. Isn’t it funny how playful, elementary school-era crazes can suddenly get an enviable upgrade? Strictly at the hands of the unapologetically fashion forward, of course.
What do you guys think of this trend? Will you dare to be different (and in this case, I’m addressing your individual fingertips) or is this more slob than snob?
If you’re all for it, recreate this Easter egg-inspired variation with these nail lacquers:
1. Pastel Green: Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Waterlily ($23 at Sephora).
2. Pale Yellow: China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Lemon Fizz ($2.50 on Amazon).
3. Bright Pink: Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in What Aura Gonna Where? ($9.50 at Sephora).
4. Sky-Blue: China Glaze Nail Lacquer in Bahamian Escape ($3 on Amazon).
5. Coral-Orange: Essie Nail Polish in Coral Reef ($5.99 on Amazon).
Photos Courtesy of Phil Oh for Vogue.