Go for the gold this season! Yes, the 2012 Olympics are here this summer, but I have a very different kind of medal in mind. When it comes to the latest statement necklaces, color is not definitely key. It’s all about precious metals that look anything but! There’s no blending in here – these will be calling the shots for your look. Which will be a luxury for you! I love pieces that do all the work. That way, you can keep things simple. Even a LWD will do when you’ve got one of this pieces taking center stage.
1. Oscar de la Renta 24-Karat Gold-Plated Geometric Link Necklace: Squares gone chic! Oscar gives us a lesson in geometry with his burnished-gold boxes that create sharp stimulation for the eye. On Net-a-Porter for $475.
2. Kenneth Jay Lane 22-Karat Gold-Plated Necklace: Swerving metal rings make for an artsy, hand-crafted look that demands a degree of restraint, since this necklace takes it to the max. On Net-a-Porter for $400.
3. Fleet Iya Web Collar Necklace: Leather has never looked fiercer. This graphic webbed collar is like modern-warrior armor, for the tough at heart. On Luisa Via Roma for $497.
4. Jade Jagger Skull Choker Necklace: Multiple gold-plated skulls translate to Dia de Muertos gone glamorous. Jade’s wild-chic touch gives the image of mortality a fun vibe. On Luisa Via Roma for $3,526.
5. Etro Abstract Tiered Necklace: High volume and high drama: Etro’s wild, curving, abstract shapes announce the fact that you command attention – and have the ability to command any room. On Net-a-Porter for $1,045.