Spring is the time for things to blossom, and that includes my love of pastels. Now that the most uplifting season is officially here, it’s time to welcome it with pastels galore! Easter is around the corner, and I intend to show the Bunny some love by sporting a chic alternative to a basket full of eggs: a sweetly hued bag.
1) Chloé Marcie Mini Leather Shoulder Bag: Creamy periwinkle is a fresh alternative to more-expected lilac. The small size makes for just a dash of impact.
On Net-a-Porter for $665.
2) MICHAEL Michael Kors Margo Ostrich-Effect Leather Shoulder Bag: Pink doesn’t have to be hot to really pop. A ladylike shape gets a youthful makeover in this girly hue.
On Net-a-Porter for $270.
3) Mulberry Bayswater Textured-Leather Bag: Evoke images of verdant meadows with this grassy green top-handle tote, and everything will be coming up roses.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,250.
4) 3.1 Phillip Lim Lark Zip Shoulder Bag: Phillip gives sweet yellow a harder edge with sporty zippers and heavy hardware. The peppy color will perk up April’s darkest showers.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $675.
5) L’Wren Scott Eel Pochette: Dreamy, powdery blue is almost otherworldly in the form of glazed eel. Leave it to L’Wren for a sophisticated take on pastel.
At Barneys New York for $1,800.