Good things come in small packages, and that especially includes dresses. A great maxi-dress will always have allure come summer, but there’s something about a lively, little, leg-baring dress that is consistently festive and fun. Especially when it comes in an unusual pattern you won’t see coming and going. Think garden fruits, lit-up skies, and cheeky florals – whichever you elect, you’re bound to be cheered up.
1. Miu Miu Printed Silk-Faille Mini-Dress: Lightning bolts have never looked sweeter. A poufy skirt and a touch of polka-dots give this bow-topped number a sense of old-school girlishness.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,350.
2. Camilla and Mark Revival Printed Twill Mini-Dress: Be the life of the garden party with this wild yet demure floral-and-fruit pattern, in a perfectly classy cropped cut.
On Net-a-Porter for $560.
3. Christopher Kane Empire Mini-Dress: Make your own sunny magic with a lace-meets-rainbow motif. Kane’s take on lace and color is totally unique.
At Barneys New York for $2,425.
4. McQ Alexander McQueen Printed Molded Torso Silk Dress: A hot-neon abstract design brings this structural dress to life. I’m not quite sure what it’s depicting, but it’s super-spunky and super-McQueen.
At Saks Fifth Avenue for $1,245.
5. Mary Katrantzou Printed Silk-Georgette Dress: This artful explosion of print and color will bring out your sense of quirkiness. The floral-meets-futuristic pattern gets increasingly intriguing the more you look at it.
On Net-a-Porter for $1,375.