Just last week, I got hypnotized by shoes glossed with shots of mirror shine. Now it appears I’m obsessed with the looking glass! Currently, I’m captivated by bags with loads of sheen to spare. Think liquid-like shine out of the future, not your typical metallics; these beaming bags emanate a candescent light. Here, the current best liquid assets:
1. Marc Jacobs Krystal Mirrored Leather Top-Handle: Get lost in the great depths of this supremely reflective bowler bag, so mirrored you could almost do your makeup looking at it. Available for pre-order on Luisa via Roma for $2,716 (for arrival by April 15th).
2. Givenchy Metallic Antigona Tote: I love the big, roomy, beachy Antigona tote – this one really catches the midday sunlight. I just still want them to insert a pouch or pocket in this sucker! Available for pre-order at Barneys New York for $1,600 (expect delivery in April).
3. Jason Wu Stella Metallic Leather Shoulder Bag: Simple and shiny, this ladylike style gets a delightfully aggressive makeover in deep, intense silver. On Net-a-Porter for $1,895.
4. Rochas Foldover Clutch and Shoulder Bag: An unusual color, convertible style, and look-at-me texture: just the right amount of “versatile” and “statement-maker” in one quirky, little carryall. At Barneys New York for $1,285.
5. Tiffany & Co. Morgan Clutch: We might already associate Tiffany’s with sterling-silver, but this variation is a nice surprise. Metallic just went clean and refined – for the lady who likes to shine. At Tiffany & Co. for $795.