Summertime requires you to lighten your load: maybe because you have a lot of other things to carry, maybe it’s the “swipe of lip gloss and go” mentality. For me, when the heat is on I just want to be breezy so I can take long walks without dragging the entire contents of my bedroom along the way. This is when I switch to a small wallet or a pouch, one that can also fit your phone, so you’re not totally possession-less. You’re flaunting it so don’t just use any old pouch or wallet! Get creative with these cool and multi-functional options.
1) Alexander McQueen Leather Skull Cardholder: I officially can’t get enough of McQueen’s skull; it’s like he has his own personality at this point. This gives you just enough of the funky detail while remaining way practical. On Net-a-Porter for $160.
2) Yves Saint Laurent Muse Mini Leather Clutch: Something as chic and polished as this can act as an entire bag inside your bag, say a beach tote or carry-on bag, which you can ditch when you want to tread lightly. On Net-a-Porter for $595.
3) Anya Hindmarch Miami Heart-Studded Leather Cardholder: This sweetly studded baby is a unique choice for cards and cash – the perfect seashell-esque accessory to stash inside a clutch. On Net-a-Porter for $295.
4) Christian Louboutin Gaia Wallet: With bright red leather and a metal bow, this has Louboutin’s signature details. It’s slightly bigger than your iPhone so you can fit that in there, along with the other bare necessities, and make it a done deal. At Barneys New York for $495.
5) Alexander Wang Prisma Coin Wallet: Make like a mermaid and lend your hands some under-the-sea flavor. This fish-scale coin wallet is perfectly befits your beach vacation. On Shopbop for $195.