From neons to pastels, it seems like color is abounding more than ever this year. Which means it’s time to take a small, high-heeled step back and think about contrast. I love juxtaposing bold, graphic prints with bright shades – it keeps everything innovative and it’s a great way to show off your individual eye.
Especially when the strong patterns are in the enduring combo of black and white. The starkness of this duo feels so fresh after a few seasons of colorblock abuse. Let black and white reign. And Frugal Snobs, not to worry: low-priced, high-style options are coming on Monday!
1. 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 Hour Two-Tone Leather Tote: Lim’s bags are gaining street cred with the fashion pack. This two-faced top-handle is the black-and-white cookie of bags – and will float easily into the office.
On Net-a-Porter $795.
2. Marni Woven Leather Shoulder Bag: Nobody does graphic two-tones like the every-artsy house of Marni. Soft leather, with woven paneling, gets the slouchy treatment on this wearable day bag.
On The Outnet for $639 (from $1,420).
3. Alexander McQueen Two-Tone Punk Box Clutch: The mother of all two-tone bags: this multi-dimensional concoction is downright otherworldly. With clusters of shell- and tile-like beads, it’s a force to be reckoned with.
Available for pre-order at Neiman Marcus for $3,275.
4. Kara Ross Honora Shoulder Bag: Kara executes her graphic patterns with a soft hand and light touch, for a subdued print on python that welcomes everything from solids to florals.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,895.
5. Kotur Breen Lattice Raffia Minaudiere: Punchy and practical, this teeny raffia clutch comes with an optional chain-strap and in a transfixing print.
At Neiman Marcus for $450.