There are few things in life more fun than shopping for little girls’ dresses. There is so much out there, it’s overwhelming – each summery style is more delightful than the last. I have managed to narrow the fun-in-the-sun dresses down to five of my favorites, from the beachy to the party-worthy. Seriously, it is not possible to get any cuter than this! Equally adorable from the abstract to floral to nautical, you can take your pick of prices. As you as can see, the most expensive is not always the best.
1) Kico Kids Tulip Tank Dress: With a painterly pattern and voluminous skirt, this gauzy frock is so alluring I’m envisioning one in grownup sizes. At Saks Fifth Avenue for $150.
2) DKNY Ruffled Dress: Tiers upon tiers of garden-print ruffles look good enough to eat – and that’s exactly what you’ll want to do with your tot when she’s dressed up in this! At Saks Fifth Avenue for $38.50 (from $55).
3) Pink Chicken Olivia Dress: Anchors away! She’ll be ready to take to the sea and set sail all summer long in this classic sundress. On Axl’s Closet for $72.
4) Little Marc Jacobs Floral Dress: She will have everyone squealing with delight when she’s wearing this flutter-sleeved, fluttery floral-print dress that’s too sweet for words. At Barneys New York for $123.
5) Misha Lulu Hello Kitty Garden Dress: We might not be able to get away with flaunting our soft spot for Hello Kitty, but our tots certainly can. Perfect for a picnic, this dress has a cool seventies vibe. On Art Bebe for $70.