From lush forest to bright Kelly to the pale shimmering pastels of spring, the season’s new bags prove that the grass is definitely greener…if you’ve got a green bag in tow. Whether you go bold, quirky, or classic, the foliage is sure to come early when you bring some verdancy of your own onto the scene. Here, my top picks to make them green with envy:
1. Charlotte Olympia Leather Leaf Clutch: No one does kooky style more chicly than Ms. Olympia Dellal. A giant, 15″ (in double-sided, two-toned green for variety) banana leaf has never looked so good. And the optional shoulder strap makes it a bit easier to pull off.
On Net-a-Porter for $545.
2. Ralph Lauren Collection Mini Suede Shoulder Bag: In the perkiest shade of green, this teeny-tiny suede baby-bag from Ralph is so adorable and happy-looking! My mood has brightened considerably just looking at it.
On Net-a-Porter for $795.
3. Sophie Hulme Flap Front Crossbody Clutch: Something discreet can still make the same impact. This pale pastel-lime crossbody-clutch is perfectly pumped up by shiny golden hardware.
Available for pre-order at Barneys New York for $630 (expect delivery in March).
4. Akris Alex Cervo Leather Bag: This one speaks to the boho-minimalist in all of us. With sheen and sharp lines, this geometric hobo this will add polish to the most casual of summer clothes.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,980.
5. Prada Pyramid Frame Bag: A bag classicist, you say? You can’t get more classic than the Prada Pyramide frame bag. Updated in sophisticated forest green, it’s the bag to tote to luncheons this spring.
Available for pre-order at Bergdorf Goodman for $2,950 (expected to ship by April 9th).