You already know ankle-straps are a staple on a huge amount of pumps and sandals. But I’m not talking about any old straps. The latest are not skinny or dainty – far from it. Add emphasis to your legs (and make your ankles look slimmer!) with a big, bold, hardcore, or quirky ankle strap that doesn’t mess around.
1. Barbara Bui Pink and Black Suede Heels: Barbara has managed to make this pink-and-coral suede paring look fresh and badass. It’s all in the major, wrap-around black ankle-straps, of course.
On Ssense for $885.
2. Maiyet Kristy Strap Heel: Maiyet’s spring shoes are as fresh as their label. Straps of all scales and sizes make up this surprisingly minimal sandal, but it’s the ankle cuff that commands the attention.
At Barneys New York for $795.
3. Gianvito Rossi Bow Tie Pump: Give a wink to the men’s tuxedo and draw eyes downward with a pair of black-tie pumps! With a heel that acts as the sharp white collar to this perfect bow-tie, this is a suit I can get behind.
At Barneys New York for $775.
4. Givenchy Nappa and Suede Sandals: Count on Givenchy to deliver a hint of bondaged sex appeal with their skimpy spring sandal. A metal-clasp closure locks your ankle in. I say, throw away the key!
On Luisa via Roma for $1,070.
5. Manolo Blahnik Pepe Sandal: Manolo is back in chic action with this ladylike-meets-sporty sandal. Lacquered woven raffia brings on the polish, and a stretchy strap invites the athleticism.
At Barneys New York for $675.