To flaunt or hide? Whether you want to showcase or underplay your baby bump, the right bag will flatter your new figure. And whatever you choose, no mini-bags, please! Structured or slouchy, a roomier style will keep proportions in proper play. Handle your nine months with flair – just like Reese Witherspoon exhibits, with a two-tone Céline tote that hides her bump nicely – and wear your belly just like you wear your bag: proudly!
1. Jil Sander Market Tote: Structure and slouch come together in the roomy market tote. Big handles leave it to sit comfortably under your arm, and the perky color keeps things upbeat.
At Barneys New York for $1,230.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Cabas Chyc Woven Linen and Leather Tote: Accentuate, don’t hide! The slim top-handles and contrasting hues of this frayed-edge summer bag will bring out your assets.
On Net-a-Porter for $2,595.
3. Akris Cervo Leather Bag: This angular shopper strikes a similar chord as Reese’s Céline. The soft trapezoidal shape and smooth leather will conform nicely, along with an easy-access top.
At Neiman Marcus for $1,980.
4. Fendi Perforated Roll Bag: Nothing says cheerful like the color yellow – perfect when you’re glowing! Fendi’s airy take is on trend and super-versatile.
At Bergdorf Goodman for $1,190.
5. Hermès Kelly Bag: Grace Kelly was first to use a handbag to hide her bump (a simple Hermès top handled bag), and hence the famously coveted Kelly bag earned its name.
Available for order at Hermès.