With summer around the corner, or should I say, at our doorstep, guys everywhere need to switch out their cooler bags for something a bit more fiesta-oriented. If you’re willing to switch out your apparel for the warmer season, you’ve got to switch out your bag! From totes to duffels, we’ve got you covered with these fantastic five:
1. Mark McNairy Daisy Camo Day Pack: Who are you calling a daisy? This backpack is all you need to survive a summer commute or a hike. With both panache and whimsy, you’re guaranteed to gather a good amount of compliments.
On Park & Bond for $198.
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs Robbie G Messenger: A messenger bag is necessary for summer, because somebody needs to deliver the message that summer is there! This one will ensure that you are cool and collected when you show folks how to carry in style.
At Barneys New York for $498.
3. Rag & Bone Indigo Duffle Bag: A key bag for summer is a nautical duffle bag, since it is perfect for summer jaunts to the beach house, or wherever you go (frankly, if there’s no beach, it’s a no-go for myself). Rag & Bone’s duffle with sleep architecture and cool, crisp colors is both masculine and appropriately relaxed.
At Ssense for $275.
4. Jack Spade Whiskey Tote Bag: As I mentioned before, the beach is a necessity for me. I grew up in South Florida, and Jack Spade appeals perfectly to my nautical sensibilities here. With a removable shoulder strap and an interior pocket, it has all you need for an über quick getaway or a day at the beach.
On Park & Bond for $245.
5. Gucci Woven Leather Holdall: Not all bags are created equally, and this one proves that point. This is the bag you use during the heat to get you to and from the office and meetings while providing your outfit with a casual edge. The attention to detail and intreccio design is both impressive and beautiful.
On Mr. Porter for $4,700.